News Releases from Department of Health
The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- FDA panel recommends granting Emergency Use Authorization of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Dec 17, 2020 – Upon approval, 36,000 doses expected to arrive in Hawai‘i in December HONOLULU – Hawai‘i State Director of Health Dr. Elizabeth Char released the following statement following an important committee recommendation that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration grant Emergency Use Authorization for the Moderna mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine: “Today’s vote will likely lead to the FDA authorizing a second vaccine to help safeguard… Continue Reading
- Thousands of COVID-19 Vaccines Arrive Dec 16, 2020 – HONOLULU – Hawai’i received another shipment of COVID-19 vaccines today. The Hawai‘i Department of Health received 3,900 doses of the vaccine made by Pfizer-BioNTech. This precious cargo was distributed to Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women and Children, Straub Medical Center, Pali Momi Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente, Queen’s Medical Center West O‘ahu and the Waianae Coast… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health and City & County of Honolulu conduct training exercise for vaccine distribution Dec 14, 2020 – Counties prepare for vaccinating Phase 1 priority groups HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) and City and County of Honolulu today conducted a vaccination distribution exercise to simulate standing up vaccine clinics to immunize first responders and essential workers in the Phase 1 priority group which includes essential healthcare workers, long-term care facility… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health reports first COVID-19 case in Kalawao County Dec 10, 2020 – HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is reporting the first positive case of COVID-19 in an adult resident of Kalaupapa Settlement in Kalawao County on the island of Moloka‘i. Kalawao is a county within the State of Hawai‘i under the management of the DOH and was reported to be the last county within… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i hospitals prepare for arrival of COVID-19 vaccine Dec 5, 2020 – Healthcare community is working together to ensure coordination; The Queen’s Medical Center takes part in drill on receiving Pfizer vaccine HONOLULU – Hawai‘i’s hospitals and healthcare systems, in close coordination with the Hawai‘i Department of Health, are gearing up to ensure that they are prepared for the arrival and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines. “My colleagues… Continue Reading
More news releases
Read more news releases online in the Newsroom.
Archived news releases
For archived news releases click here.
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: